Upgrading wooden frames is a crucial skill to improve the sturdiness and strength of your structures in ‘7 Days to Die,’ a survival game. Better protection and defense against the dangers present in the post-apocalyptic setting of the game are provided by upgraded frames.
This guide will walk you through the processes to strengthen your construction’s wooden framework. Anyway, don’t forget to set up your 7 Days to Die Server
. Continue reading when you’ve already done that.
Let's get going!
Equipping an Upgrade Tool
You'll need to be equipped with an appropriate tool that allows for upgrading before you can start improving wooden frames. The most typical tool used for this is the stone axe. What you must do is as follows:
- Step 1: Make sure you have a stone axe in your inventory. If you don’t have one, make one using the proper recipe or locate one in a loot box.
- Step 2: Choose the stone axe from your inventory or hotbar to equip it.
- Step 3: Get close to the wooden frame you want to enhance and, while holding down the right mouse button (or L2 on a PS4 controller), start the upgrade procedure.
Performing the Upgrade
Once your tool is ready, you can begin the update procedure. For an upgrade on your wooden frames, take these actions:
- Step 1: Continue to depress the right mouse button (or L2 on a gamepad) as you gaze at the wooden frame you wish to enhance. The health bar on the wooden frame will progressively fill up as a result of this action, showing how close it is to being improved.
- Step 2: Verify that you have the materials for the required upgrades in your inventory. Depending on the amount of upgrading you want to achieve, different materials may be needed. To effectively complete the upgrade procedure, you must have adequate materials.
- Step 3: Continue to hold down the right mouse button (or L2) until the wooden frame's health bar is fully filled. This shows that the wooden frame has been updated to a higher tier and that the upgrade procedure is complete.
- Step 4: The strengthened and more durable wooden frame has now been improved. The degree of the improvement and the materials utilised determine the precise tier of the enhanced frame. Old Wood, Reinforced Wood, and Metal Reinforced Wood are some examples of upgraded levels that offer improved defence for your structures.
Understanding Wooden Frames
In 7 Days to Die, wood is the primary building material. They are the best option for early-game construction because they are the simplest and least expensive to craft. However, timber frames are also the weakest type of construction material.
It's crucial to remember that once assembled as blocks, wooden frames are simple to move. This feature enables flexible base construction and on-the-fly alterations to your buildings.
Platform and Version Variations
Remember that depending on the platform and game version you are using, the specific controls and techniques for upgrading wooden frames may change. Always check the in-game controls or the game's description for instructions relevant to your platform.
FAQCan I upgrade wooden frames with tools other than the stone axe?
Although the stone axe is the most popular instrument for improving wooden frames since it is readily available and straightforward, other tools can be used for the same purpose.
Wooden frame upgrades can also be accomplished with the aid of tools like the iron fireaxe, claw hammer, or wrench. It's crucial to keep in mind, nevertheless, that the efficacy and quickness of various methods may vary when it comes to updating wooden frames. Try out various tools to see which one best suits your playstyle and available resources.Are there any advantages to upgrading wooden frames to higher tiers?
A wooden frame upgrade to a higher tier has many benefits. First off, more durable and structurally sound frames, including those made of reinforced wood or metal, are available. As a result, they are more resistant to environmental hazards like crumbling structures and attacks from zombies.
Second, stronger breaching resistance is provided by higher-tier frames, making it harder for opponents to enter your base.
Finally, improved frames might also provide more aesthetic appeal, enabling you to build constructions that are both attractive and well-protected.Can I upgrade wooden frames in multiplayer games?
Unfortunately, enhanced wooden frames cannot directly be downgraded in the game's current edition. A wooden frame can only be upgraded to a higher tier once, and the upgrade is irreversible.
Therefore, it's crucial to carefully plan your upgrades and make sure you're happy with the tier you've picked before moving further with the upgrade process. A frame must be destroyed and a new one created at the desired tier if you want to modify its tier.How can I obtain the materials needed for upgrading wooden frames?
Depending on the amount of upgrade you want to attain, different materials are needed for upgrading wooden frames. Wood, scrap iron, concrete mix, or forged iron are frequently utilised materials for modifications. These items are accessible in a variety of ways.
While scrap iron can be gotten by stealing it from containers or by scavenging metal objects, wood can be collected by felling trees. Stone and cement, both of which can be discovered or mined, are used to create concrete mixture.
Typically, forged iron is obtained via smelting iron-containing objects or looting it from particular places or foes. To gather the resources required for enhancing wooden frames, explore the game's universe, scavenge, mine, and create.Can I upgrade wooden frames in multiplayer games?
Yes, both single-player and multiplayer games let you update wooden frames. Whether you are playing alone or with others, the procedure for upgrading wooden frames is the same. To avoid disputes and guarantee a seamless upgrading process, it's crucial to collaborate and communicate with your fellow players in online games. In order to preserve a cooperative and pleasurable gaming experience for all participants, be sure to make clear any regulations or standards imposed by the server administrator regarding base construction and upgrades.
In 7 Days to Die, upgrading wooden frames is a vital skill for strengthening your structures and boosting their toughness. You can successfully upgrade your wooden frames to higher tiers and improve their defensive powers by following the instructions provided in this guide.
Hold down the right mouse button (or L2) while using the proper tool, and make sure you have the required upgrade materials in your inventory. You'll fortify your base and raise your chances of surviving in the perilous world of 7 Days to Die with each upgrade that is a success.